Resilient Thinking For The Parenting Path
(For Parents of Prep to Yr 4 Students)
Parents and educators understand just how precious our children are, and that they each have inherent treasures to share with the world. The current and future issues that we individually and collectively face are significant and complex, yet the exciting thing is that our children hold important keys to facing these difficulties. As we foster a supportive, balanced and nurturing environment for our children today, they can more confidently and resourcefully move through their teen years and into young adulthood with a sense of optimism, of unknown possibilities & some awareness of their unique strengths.
The Resilient Thinking For The Parenting Path School Workshop brings parents in the school community together, and gives them refreshing insights into ways that we can help ensure the best foundations for our young ones, meet their developmental needs, and better enable them to live their best possible life with confidence. It is suitable for parents of students between Prep & Year 4, and is presented on school premises with the collaboration of the school, P&C or P&F.
The Resilient Thinking for Parenting Path School Workshop is created and facilitated by Nicki McCosker-Dell, the founder of Resilient Thinkers, a Parent and Teen Mentor, and qualified and experienced Counsellor. Nicki further has a Masters in Suicide Prevention (Suicidology) from the Australian Institute of Suicide Research and Prevention.
This workshop draws from recent research findings in psychology, neuroscience and resilience studies, and will provide parents with clarity on ways that they can:
- Proactively increase connection & calm in their family home, & decrease stress & overwhelm
- Feel empowered with much needed tools & awareness for facing this greatly important & challenging role of being a parent in our modern world
- Learn many practical ways to help prevent & work through common issues faced by our kids today at much earlier ages (e.g. anxiety, depression, unhealthy use of & reliance on technology & social media, self-worth issues, self destructive behaviours, excess stress & overwhelm, etc)
- Build confidence in their use of calm & effective discipline & boundary setting, & understand how this is linked to creating deeper, trusted connections with our children
- Learn how to help awaken & nurture their child's individual strengths & gifts
- Learn some of the key mindsets & practices for nurturing a strong sense of resilience within the family unit
- Learn key tools for confidently facing the big & little challenges of life, & how to pass these skills on to our children
All participants receive a BONUS
Resilient Thinking For The Parenting Path Toolkit
- a summary of key learning from the workshop